Arsenal’s starting lineup ahead of their clash against Liverpool at Anfield sent shockwaves after it was revealed that star man Alexis Sanchez was excluded.
When queried about the strange decision ahead of the game, manager Arsene Wenger told that Sanchez was dropped in favour of Olivier Giroud in order to adopt a more direct style of play but the move certainly backfired.
Liverpool went on to dominate the first half and ended up winning the game 3-1, and Sanchez’s omission from the start was most certainly a huge aberration on the part of Wenger.
Now according to reports from the BBC, revelations have been made that Sanchez was not dropped due to tactical reasons but because of an angry exchange with Arsenal team-mates after leaving training mid-session ahead of the game at Anfield.
Arsenal target Belotti will cost £130million
Arsenal target Andrea Belotti has been in sensational form during the current campaign and the Torino striker further increased his stock over the weekend after scoring a stunning eight-minute hat-trick against Palermo.
Torino president Urbano Cairo is well aware of the interest in Belotti from Arsenal at the moment and has hinted that the Gunners or indeed any interested party will have to splash as much as £130 million to lure him away from Stadio Olimpico Grande Torino next summer.
Cairo told Sky Sport in the aftermath of Belotti’s sensational performance on Sunday afternoon, “If I had to insert a figure in his contract right now I would go for €150m (£130m).
“He scored three more crazy goals, one even better than the other. We will have to wait and see whether a team is willing to pay €100m (£86m). I hope not because I want to keep him here. We are just enjoying him and his goals for now.”
Allegri dismisses Arsenal links
It is widely believed that Arsene Wenger will be leaving his post as manager of Arsenal at the end of the current campaign and there have been widespread reports recently that Juventus boss Max Allegri will be the man replacing the French veteran at the helm of the Emirates Stadium.
Despite the strong links though, Allegri has now categorically gone on to dismiss claims that he is heading to Arsenal and added that he remains more than happy to stay put at Juventus for the foreseeable future.
Allegri said, "I repeat what I have already said before – it's not true. The second thing, even if there was something in it, the first to know and learn my wish to leave would be Juventus… I'm contracted until 2018.
"I'm not the one to decide my future – Juventus will. It is they who decide because it's the way I work and have worked previously. When time passes, as we did last year, we will evaluate what to do. And if these rumours were true, Juventus would be the first to know and I haven't talked to Juventus yet."